Advanced Private Security
This course provides the initial powers to arrest class plus the additional state-mandated 32 hours of training for a total of 40 hours. Classes include Public Relations, Observation and Documentation, Communications, Legal Liabilities, and more.
This comprehensive 16-hour course is designed to certify anyone who possesses a valid BSIS guard card and the legal permit to carry a baton while in the line of duty. The course will cover the proper use of a straight, side handle and expandable batons. Practical applications will be included in the class.
- Must be at least 18 years old prior to the start of the class
- Valid California Drivers License/ Identification Card
- Pass a Department of Justice and FBI background check
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Pass a Assessment Evaluation with PSI for Firearms Permits
Security Class Schedule
|M - F||8:00AM-4:30PM||Rm B|
Bassett Adult School is an Eligible Training Provider in the State of California and is a partner with EDD, TAA/ TRA, Department of Rehabilitation, Workman’s compensation and CSAAVE, California State Approving Agency for the Veteran Education.
Training may be free for those who qualify.
For more information, please attend an orientation held 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 10:30 am. No appointments required or call us and make appointment at (626) 931-3102.